lunedì 27 agosto 2012

Spirit on the watr


Spirit on the waterDarkness on the face of the deepI keep thinkin' about you, babyAnd I can't hardly sleep
I'm travelin' by landTravelin' through the dawn of dayYou're always on my mindI can't stay away
I'd forgotten about youThen you turned up againI always knewWe were meant to be more than friend
When you're nearIt's just as plain as it can beI'm wild about you, galYou ought to be a fool about me
Can't explainThe sources of this hidden painYou burned your way into my heartYou got the key to my brain
I've been tramplin' through mudPrayin' to the powers aboveI'm sweatin' bloodYou got a face that begs for love
Life without youDoesn't mean a thing to meIf I can't have youI'll throw my love into the deep blue sea
Sometimes I wonderWhy you can't treat me right?You do good all dayAnd then you do wrong all night
When you're with meI'm a thousand times happier than I could ever sayWhat does it matter?Or what price I pay?
They brag about your sugarBrag about it all over townPut some sugar in my bowlI feel like layin' down
I'm as pale as a ghostHoldin' a blossom on a stemYou ever seen a ghost? NoBut you have heard of them
I see you thereI'm blinded by the colors I seeI take good careOf what belongs to me
I hear your nameRingin' up and down the lineI'm sayin' it plainThese ties are strong enough to bind
Now your sweet voiceCalls out from some old familiar shrineI got no choiceCan't believe these things would ever fade from your mind
I could live foreverWith you perfectlyYou don't everHave to make a fuss over me
From East to WestEver since the world beganI only mean it for the bestI want to be with you any way I can
I've been in a brawlNow I'm feeling the wallI'm going 'way, babyI won't be back 'til fall
High on the hillYou can carry all my thoughts with youYou've numbed my willThis love could tear me in two
I wanna be with you in paradiseAnd it seems so unfairI can't go to paradise, no moreI killed a man back there
You think, I'm over the hillThink, I'm past my primeLet me see what you gotWe can have a whoppin' good time

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento